Welcome to Scottsdale Sports Medicine Institute! We’re honored to be part of your healthcare and committed to providing you with the best care we can. Our hope is that we form a partnership to keep you as healthy as possible, no matter what your current state of health. Dr. David Carfagno and his staff at the office will share their medical expertise with you and we hope you’ll take responsibility for working towards the healthy lifestyle that is so important to your well-being. Scottsdale Sports Medicine prides ourselves on the care we provide for our patients and our mission is to help give you optimal health. Dr. Carafagno’s approach to good health focuses on a blend of traditional medical care with preventative medicine and lifestyle planning. Patients are provided with expert counseling, not only on up to date medical treatments, but also on fitness and nutrition. Many of our patients take advantage of popular services we offer to help reach their health and fitness goals. These include:
- Mature Athlete Program – A comprehensive Hormone Replacement Program aimed at optimizing the maturing adults metabolic and hormone profile.
- Metabolic Program – 1 month and 3-month physician supervised weight loss and weight gain programs.
- Osteopathic Manipulation - Therapeutic manual medicine including manipulation, strain/counter strain, myofascial release, and muscle energy.
- Body composition testing (body fat percentage)- using the DEXA machine, considered the industry gold standard.
- Metabolic rate testing - determining the number of calories your body consumes daily.
- VO2Max testing - the true measure of fitness, which determines heart rate zones for achieving optimal fitness results.
- Personal Training programs - Setting up to hands on training. Customized for each individual patient for endurance athletes to strength from recreational weekend warriors to the elite.
- Vitamin and Micronutrient testing - using serological markers to test for vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Sports Concussion - We utilize the IMPACT® computer test (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) to aid in the assessment and management of concussions and treat head injuries due to sport concussions and falls.
It will give us great pleasure to work with you on your goals, either through our own expertise, through reading, or by referral to other health professionals. We look forward to working with you. Please contact us whenever you would like to talk about anything you think may be affecting your health. It’s our hope that we can have a relationship where the lines of communication are open, and communication goes both ways. Let’s work together to help you live the satisfying life that you deserve.
Best of health,
David G. Carfagno, D.O., CAQ
Leona Carfagno “Mom”, Office Manager