Just like the world of sports, the pressure to perform in the corporate world is constant. Employees are often too busy or too tired to exercise and eat right, so their nutrition and health suffer. When employees do not feel their best, their morale drops; consequently, businesses experience lower levels of productivity, higher rates of turnover, and find themselves paying out large sums of money to cover their employees’ medical costs.
In order to combat these issues, many organizations have turned to corporate wellness programs, which aim to provide incentives to improve and maintain physical fitness. When workers are healthy, companies are more productive and end up paying less to compensate for medical costs. In the end, corporate health and wellness programs benefit both employers and employees financially and otherwise. Employees find themselves happier and healthier and employers find themselves with workers who generate better ideas, provide better customer service, and turn higher profits.
THE SSMI EXECUTIVE PHYSICAL INCLUDES:
- Medical evaluation / Physical exam - 60 minute appointment
- Lab evaluation - Comprehensive including:
- Apo E
- Exercise assessment and prescription - Cardiovascular fitness, resistance training, flexibility and other special considerations.
- VO2 Max/Anaerobic threshold test* - Gold standard to determine cardiorespiratory fitness level and to determine the exercise HR where an individual burns the most fat.
- ImETT* - personalized heart rate based workout program which is designed using VO2/AT results.
- RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) - a gas analysis technique, which measures the minimum number of calories your body needs to support its basic physiological functions: breathing, circulating blood, etc... Knowing your RMR is important if you’re trying to lose, gain or maintain your current weight.
- Treadmill or Bike Stress test
- Screening Vascular Ultrasound
- Carotid artery, Echocardiogram, Abdomial Aortic screen
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- DXA Bone Density and Body Composition*
- CT Heart scan (offsite), CT Lung Screen (if indicated) (offsite)and Colonoscopy (if indicated)(offsite)
- Aesthetic consult - Approximately 20 minutes. Addresses your skin concerns. A clinical skin care plan is then developed to provide various options for you as a facial aesthetics client. Your physician will then address the expected outcomes/rationales for every procedure.
- Metabolic consult - Approximately 20 minutes. Addresses weight loss/gain concerns, current dietary habits and physical activity level. Will provide various comprehensive weight loss/gain options to fit your budget and your needs.
- Routine Gynecological exam and Mammogram (if indicated) (offsite)
* not covered by most insurance carriers
**All of the components of the Executive Physical can be added ala carte to routine annual wellness exam.